The error code 49.4c02 most of time appears due to miscommunication between HP printer and the system that sends the print job. When you encounter this error code on your printer screen, it stops all the printing task and asks for restart. When you try to print a PDF file, the printer sometimes start showing the same 49.4c02 printer error and forcing to start the printer until the specific print cancelled. If you are getting the same error with your HP printer then you are at the right place. We are describing the proven solutions to fix the problem easily.
How can you Solve HP Printer Error 49.4c02?
The given below are the 6 most appropriate solutions to fix HP printer 49.4c02 error in an easy way.
- Restart the printer
- Delete job from print queue
- Disable advance printing features
- Print PDF as Image
- Check for Franklin Gothic Book font
- Flash and update the printer firmware
Solution 1: Restart the Printer
Switch off your HP printer completely and disconnect the cable between printer and computer. Now turn on printer, if your printer switches to a ready state then print a test page. If the printer prints successfully then the error 49.4c02 resolved otherwise move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Delete job from print queue
Find the little printer icon on the bottom right corner of your computer screen. Right-click on it to open the print queue. Next you will get a list of print jobs, select all the jobs and delete them.
Solution 3: Disable advance printing features
- Go to Windows Logo printers.
- Select the Printer queue.
- Left click and select the Printing Preference option.
- Click on “Advanced”.
- In document option, select Advanced Printing Features.
- Now disabled it.
Now try printing a test page to check the existence of HP printer 49.4c02 error. If the error still exists then move to the next solution.
Solution 4: Print PDF as Image
Sometimes the printer error 49.4c02 occurs when you try to print a PDF file because the PDF file font is little bit complex hat can mess up the printer’s memory. You can get rid of error 49.4c02 by printing the PDF as an image. To do so follow the given steps:
- Open the PDF you want to print and Press the Windows key and P at the same time to open the print window.
- Next click on advanced option.
- Check the “Print as Image” box and click OK to print the document.
Solution 5: Check for Franklin Gothic Book font
If you are using HP MFP series printer then you may face HP error code 49.4c02 when printing a document with the Franklin Gothic Book font. To fix the problem do the following:
- Under the Advanced tab setting, enable the ‘Send True Type as Bitmaps’ for any of the PCL 5e and PCL6 drivers. This will help you in resolving HP printer error 49.4c02.
- Opne Advanced tab under PostScript Options to set the True Type Font Download option to Bitmap for PS driver.
Solution 6: Flash and update the printer firmware
Use the following steps to flash the firmware when printer is connected with a parallel cable to the computer.
- Turn on HP printer and check Ready is displayed on the LCD.
- Print a test page and check firmware revision of printer and follow the given steps:
- Press printer’s Select
- Now press Down button to get Information menu.
- Again press Select and then Down to get Print Configuration on the LCD.
- Print a test page by pressing Select.
You will get firmware date and revision on the test page under Printer Information section.
- Open the Command Prompt.
- Go to Directory to get the firmware path where it is saved and type the path in Command window and hit Enter.
- Type copy /B*.RFU LPT1 in Command window and press Enter.
- Now Firmware file will be copied to the printer and update the firmware.
- You will get Receiving Upgrade on printer’s LCD if the process is successful.
- You will get “Ready” on LCD when the upgrade gets complete.
- Turn off the printer and wait for 15 seconds and turn it back on.
- Now print a test page to check the firmware revision.
Read Also: 49 Service Error HP Printer
Closing Words from Experts
We hope that the above solutions definitely helped you in resolving HP printer error 498.4c02 from root. In case the problem still exists then check for any hardware damage or fault. If there is problem printer’s hardware then contact printer’s manufacturer.