HP printer 79 service error on HP LaserJet Pro mostly occurs due to corrupt print job or miscommunication between the spooler and the printer due to outdated printer firmware. The error mostly appears when you try to print a job urgently. Most of the service error 79 cases are found with HP LaserJet Pro 400 printer model. We are going to discuss the most probable causes of HP printer service error 79 and their solutions.
Causes of HP Printer 79 Service Error
Here we are going to discuss some other possible causes of 79 service error HP printer. Go ahead and find the exact reason of this error with your HP printer.
- Poor printer wire connection.
- Problem due to damage hardware.
- Outdated printer’s firmware.
- Corrupt print job.
- Too large document.
- An incompatible DIMM might be installed.
Troubleshooting 79 Service Error with HP Printer
Given below are the most suitable methods to fix error code 79 when you are printing a document. Go ahead and apply the given solution to fix the problem.
Solution 1: Remove the Stuck Print Job
- Go to Devices and Printers and choose your printer.
- Right click on the selected printer and you will get a menu saying ‘What’s printing’, click on it.
- In next windows you will get stuck printer jobs.
- Select stuck print job and right click on it and choose the cancel option.
- Now try to print other file the check whether error 79 still exists or not.
Solution 2: 79 Error Turn off then on
- Turn off the printer and wail for 30 seconds.
- Now turn on the printer and let it be on completely.
- Remove surge protector if you are using it and directly plug the printer into the wall socket.
- If the message persists then check the firmware version and update if a newer version is available.
Solution 3: Reinstall DIMM in case of 79 Service error
If you are using DIMM memory in your HP printer then you can resolve error 79 by reinstalling it.
- Turn of the printer completely.
- Remove the DIMM.
- Reinstall a supported DIMM and fit it properly.
- Now turn on the printer and try printing.
Note: If the printer error 79 still exists then do the following:
- Again remove any installed DIMMS.
- Reset your HP printer.
- Reinstall the DIMM and start printing.
Read Also: HP Printer 49 Service Error
Final Round-up from the Technical Team
We hope that the above stated solution definitely helped you in resolving HP printer 79 service error. All the given solution are properly tested by the experts to easily get rid of the problem. If you think that there is a hardware problem with the printer then contact the printer’s manufacturer immediately.