If HP printer cartridge in not printing properly in color then there is shortage of color ink in the cartridge. Sometimes the color printing option is not enabled or there is a problem with printhead. If you are thinking that why is my HP printer stops printing color ink then we are going to discuss the reasons behind the problem their solutions. Fixing Errors is committed to deliver the best and easy solution to their readers.
Why HP Printer Properly not Printing Color Ink?
- Low color ink in the printer cartridge.
- Problem with printhead.
- Color printing option is not enabled.
- Improper placement of ink cartridge.
- Outdated printer driver.
Fixing Color Printing Problem on HP Printer
We are going to discuss some reliable methods to fix HP printer not printing color problem on Windows and Mac system. Apply the desired solution to fix the printer error immediately.
Method 1: Replace Ink Cartridge if Required
- Open the front cover of printer to check the ink content. install new cartridge if the ink is about to finish.
- If the cartridge is full of color ink then check the ink expiry date because expired ink turns dry and cause problem.
- If the ink cartridge is expired then install a new one to start printing color correctly.
Method 2: Check and Clean Printhead
- Troubleshoot the printhead to clean it.
- Press and hold the Power button and at the same time press Resume button six times.
- When you release the power button, printer will starts cleaning print heads in a mild wash.
- Now start printing color document. If the problem still exists then repeat the above steps by pressing the Resume button five times for deep cleaning.
Method 3: Turn on Color Printing Option
- Click on Start and then select Settings.
- Click on Printers in the setting menu.
- Right-click on your printer and choose Properties.
- Select “Printing Preferences” from the Properties page.
- Go to “Paper/Quality” tab and click on “Color”.
- Next Click on “OK” and then exist.
After applying the above solutions, you will no longer face the color printing problem with HP printer. If your HP printer still not printing in color then there might be some hardware issue with the printer. In case of hardware problem with the printer, you should contact printer’s manufacturer.