What is WPS Pin?
WPS is a short form of “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” and WPS pin is an 8 digit number that is used to set up a connection between the router and a wireless printer. WPS only works for wireless networks which uses a password that is encrypted with WPA or WPA2 personal security protocols. HP printers are mostly used by the peoples all over the world to print and scan documents.
How to Find WPS Pin Number?
- Go to the Control panel of HP printer.
- Press the wireless button and go to Settings.
- Touch the Wi-Fi Protected Setup and follow the prompts appearing on the screen.
- Now a pin option appears on the screen and tap on the pin.
- Next, 8 digit pin will be displayed on the screen.
Types of WPS Connections
There are two types of WPS connections –
- WPS Button
- WPS Pin
How to connect HP printer using WPS Button?
- Find the WPS pin by following the above steps.
- Once you got the pin number, select the “WPS Button” option.
- Next, printer will instruct you to press the WPS button on the wireless router.
- Press the WPS button on the router and click continue on the printer for wireless connection.
- The connection will be established and the printer is ready to use.
How to connect HP printer using WPS pin?
- Get the WPS Pin number using the above-given instructions.
- Access the configuration utility of the software for the wireless access point of the wireless router.
- Enter the WPS pin number there.
- After completion of setup open the HP folder of the printer.
- Next, go to the printer setup and software.
- Select the option of “Connect a new printer” and install the network printer driver
Using WPS PIN to Connect to a Network
You can use Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) PIN mode to connect your printer to the network. If you have a WPS-enabled wireless router or access point that supports PIN mode.
- Open the input tray.
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi on/off button and Wi-Fi connect button on the printer at the same time for at least three seconds.
- Release the button when the Wi-Fi on/off light flashes blue.
- Enter the PIN code xxxxxxxx on the wireless router or access point within two minutes.
- The Wi-Fi on/off and AP mode lights flash alternately while establishing the connection.
- When the Wi-Fi on/off light on the printer stays on, then the printer is connected to the network.
Note: If the error light turns on that means the connection failed. Then press the stop button to clear the error and restart the access point and repeat these steps to setup the connection.
Final words from the experts for WPS connection
We Fixing Errors hope that the above steps will definitely help you to connect your HP printer to a wireless router using WPS pin or WPS button. In case you are unable to establish a wireless connection using the above steps the repeat the steps once again. If you again fail to make a connection then ask for an expert to find it or establish a connection.