Printer is offline and you want to print an urgent document but you don’t know why is my printer offline. If your printer stuck in offline mode then there may be a connectivity problem with your printer and PC. Sometimes the offline error may occur after Windows 10 update due to driver error. If your printer keeps saying offline and you want to get it back online then go through the post to fix offline problem with HP, Canon, Epson and Brother Printer.
Why does printer says offline?
If your printer says offline then your printer is facing problem connectivity issues with the computer. The connectivity issue may be occurs due to various reasons like driver error, router problem or interruption in USB cable connection. If you know the exact reason behind printer offline issue then apply the specific solution from below given fixations.
Troubleshooting Printer is Offline Problem
Method 1: Check Printer and Cable Physically
- Insert both end of the USB cable properly.
- Try different ports of the PC and printer to insert USB cable.
- Use different USB cable if you found any fault in it.
- If the printer is networked then check Ethernet cable is inserted properly.
- If you are using a wireless printer then make sure it is connected to router properly.
Method 2: Clear All Pending Print Jobs
- Go to the Control Panel and then device and printers.
- Right click the printer and select “See what’s printing”.
- In “See what’s printing” menu right click and “Cancel” all print jobs.
- After that again select “Use Printer Online” option.
- At last restart your PC and printer.
Method 3: Reinstall Printer Device
- Go to the control panel and then Device and Printers.
- Right click on the desired printer and select “Remove device”.
- Next add the printer again by choosing the Add printer option in device and printers.
Method 4: Reinstall Printer Drivers
- Go to “Settings” then “Printers” and select the printer.
- Right-click on the printer and select “Properties”.
- Under the “General” or “Details” search for the driver button, click on it and choose the driver again.
- Download the driver from the printer manufacturer’s website.
- Reinstall the printer. Under “Printers” in the “Settings” menu, go back select the printer.
- Start printing to check printer offline status.
If you fix the printer offline problem by applying one of the above method but your printer keeps going offline again and again then try to set your printer online manually.
How to Set Printer to Online Manually on Widows?
- Click on Start icon and then select Control Panel and go to Device and Printers.
- Right click the printer in question and select “See what’s printing”.
- From the opening window select “Printer” from the menu bar at the top.
- Choose “Use Printer Online” from the drop down menu.
Fixing Printer Offline Problem on Mac
- Click the Apple menu, and select System Preferences.
- Click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.
- Right-click anywhere inside the Printers window, next click Reset printing system on Mac.
- Confirm reset by clicking on Reset in the opening window.
- Enter the Administrator account name and password to complete the reset.
The above solution will definitely fix your printer offline problem. Fixing Errors trying their best to offer you right solution. But in case your problem still exists then contact printer’s manufacturer or a technician.