A dreadful printer device is busy error message usually appears due to multiple print jobs in queue, printer cable is connected loosely and a defective print spooler. When printer says it is busy then you can’t print anything on the printer. Sometimes we think the problem is not critical but we should fix it immediately to avoid further errors with the printer. We Fixing Errors going to illustrate the causes of printer busy error and its solution. This solution will definitely help with your HP, Brother, Canon and Epson printer device.
Possible Reasons When Printer says it is Busy
- Print queue is full.
- Poor printer cable connection.
- Printer is out of paper.
- Print codes are confusing the printer.
Fix Printer Busy Error Message
Method 1: Clear Print Queue
- Click start and type ‘Command’.
- Right click on ‘Command Prompt’ and Run as administrator.
- Type ‘net stop spooler’ then hit Enter.
- Nest, type del %systemroot%System32spoolprinters* /Q and hit Enter.
- Again type ‘net start spooler’ and hit Enter.
- Type ‘exit’ and press enter to exit the command window.
The above steps will clear the print queue and help you to remove printer bust error message from root.
Method 2: Remove the Print Spooler
- Open the Run Dialog Box by pressing Windows Key + R.
- Type ‘control printers’ in the run box and hit Enter.
- You will get a Devices and Printers
- Right-click on your current printer and select Properties.
- Set the printer to print directly and without the use of spooler.
- Confirm your selection by clicking OK and reboot.
Sometimes you may get a print spooler error message due to incorrect printer driver installed on your PC. You should visit the printer manufacturer’s website to download the correct and latest printer drivers.
Method 3: Re-install Printer Device
- Go to Control Panel and then Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the current printer and select Printer Properties.
- Next, select Remove device.
- Now click Print server properties at the top of the window.
- Choose Drivers tab and highlight the printer driver to uninstall.
- Now select the Remove button.
- Select Remove driver and driver package and click OK
- Unplug the printer if it plugged to the computer.
- Open Control Panel and click Programs and Features and uninstall any printer software related to the printer you removed from Devices and Printers.
- If you get an access denied or the printer in use message then reboot the computer.
- At the end, locate driver software to reinstall this printer.
Conclusive Word from Experts for Printer Device Busy Error
You can easily resolve the printer busy error message with the help of above stated methods. If you are still getting the same error message then check for any hardware error. If there is a hardware problem then contact printer manufacturers for right solution.