Outlook is one of the most powerful client applications to send and receive emails. But there are many situations when you need to open Outlook in safe mode.
When to open Outlook in Safe Mode?
- If Outlook doesn’t open.
- When Outlook freezes or doesn’t respond.
- Outlook add-In not working.
- Windows behave oddly.
- Outlook application has malware.
By opening Outlook in safe mode, you can resolve many problems with Outlook easily. Use the given solutions to open Outlook in safe mode easily.
How to Open Outlook in Safe Mode?
To start Outlook in special mode or safe mode use the given reliable methods and get rid of Outlook problems:
Method 1: Use Command Prompt (CMD) to Open Outlook in Safe Mode
Command Prompt is another way to open Outlook in safe mode, have a look at the given steps:
- Run Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Type in the command “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\outlook.exe” /safe and then press Enter key.
- Now Outlook will open in Safe Mode.
Method 2: Use Outlook Shortcut to Start Outlook in Safe Mode
- Press and hold the “Ctrl” key from the keyboard and select the Outlook shortcut.
- Select the “Yes” tab to confirm that you want to open Outlook open in Safe mode or any special mode.
- Selecting ‘Yes’ button, Outlook will now open in Safe Mode and you can easily access your account.
You can try another way if found it difficult or Outlook not accepting this way.
Method 3: Use Run Window to Open Outlook in Sage Mode
Please follow the given verified steps to trigger Outlook safe mode:
- Press “Windows Key + R” to open Run
- Enter the command “exe /safe” in the Run box and then place a click on “OK” tab
- Select Profile window and again select the default Outlook option and press “OK” tab to open that profile.
- Now your Outlook is in sage mode.
Still unable to Open Outlook in Safe Mode, continue following the next provided method.
Method 4: Create New Outlook Safe Mode Shortcut
If you want to instantly Open Outlook in Safe Mode then make an Outlook safe mode shortcut using the below noted guide:
- First right-click on a blank area of the Windows desktop.
- Select New > Shortcut.
- Now enter the full path to exe, type /safe at the end of the path, then click “Next” button.
- Enter a descriptive name for the shortcut, for example, Outlook Safe Mode.
- Next click “Finish” tab to make the shortcut for Outlook in safe mode and exit that window.
To check whether your Outlook is running in safe mode, look at the title of the program says “Safe Mode”. If it says safe mode then your Outlook is running in the safe mode.
NOTE: Simply you can exit the safe mode and switch to normal mode by restarting your Microsoft Outlook.
Final Words for Your Outlook Program
We hope that the above-given methods definitely helped you in opening or starting Outlook in safe mode. If you are unable to fix your Outlook problem by using Outlook safe mode then specify your problem in the comment section we will list the proper solution. Fixing Errors always in your service to make your tech devices better.