HP printers are becoming more popular day by day due to its quality service and features. But when you are going to print from your wireless HP printer, you have to connect it via Wi-Fi. Sometimes user is unable to connect the printer to Wi-Fi due and unable to print the documents. If your HP printer won’t connect to Wi-Fi then there might be problem with printer driver, wireless connectivity or printer is offline. We are going to clearly define the four methods through which you can easily connect your HP printer to Wi-Fi.
When HP Printer won’t connect to Wi-Fi, try these Methods
Method 1: HP Auto Wireless Connect
As the name suggests “Auto Wireless Connect”, you don’t need to connect your HP printer to Wi-Fi manually. You can connect HP printer to wireless network automatically with the help of HP Auto Wireless Setup. To use this feature in your HP printer, you need to install software from official site.
- Open HP Support page in computer’s browser and enter printer model number and click submit.
- Select your operating system and download the printer software.
- Once to download will complete install it on your PC.
- Now turn on the printer and run the software.
- It will ask for network connection type (Ethernet/Wireless), select Wireless and then click Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer (recommended).
Wait for few minutes to connect your printer. When its connected, click on finish. Now you will no longer face the problem that HP printer not connecting to Wi-Fi and your printer is ready to print.
Method 2: Use Wireless Setup Wizard
The wireless setup wizard can only help HP printer users to connect HP printer to Wi-Fi. This method is only applicable for those HP printers that have control panel display. Follow the given steps to your wireless printer to Wi-Fi-
- Turn on your HP printer.
- Unplug any Ethernet or USB cables from your printer.
- Tap the wireless icon from the control panel of HP printer and go to the Network menu.
- Choose Wireless Settings and then click Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Find your Wi-Fi network and input the WEP or WPA key, then click OK.
Note: Enter new network name manually If you can’t find your Wi-Fi name in the list.
Method 3: Connect Printer Using WPS Push Button
WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) is supported by most of the HP printer. To connect your HP printer to Wi-Fi, Your printer and router should support WPS push button mode. You can easily setup Wi-Fi connection by following the given steps:
- Find and push the WPS button on your printer.
- If there is no physical push button on your printer then go to the control panel to start the WPS pushbutton mode.
- Press the Wireless icon then click Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Complete the setup by following the on screen instructions.
- Now choose the WPS Button option and you are asked to press the WPS button on your router.
- Finally press the WPS push button on your router within 2 minutes.
Note: If you are asked to enter a WPS Pin then find it on your printer to setup the Wi-Fi connection.
Method 4: Connect Printer without a Router
Wi-Fi Direct and HP Wireless Direct is an amazing feature that allows you to print documents directly. You also don’t need an Internet connection to print jobs from your smart phones, tablets or computer. There is a difference between Wi-Fi Direct and HP Wireless Direct. You have to maintain internet connection simultaneously to use Wi-Fi Direct. However, you can’t get access to network with HP Wireless Direct. Follow the given instructions to use this feature to print a job:
Steps to connect to Wi-Fi Direct or HP Wireless Direct
- Go to printer’s control panel and turn on HP Wireless Direct or Wi-Fi Direct.
- Next, touch the HP wireless direct icon, or go to the Network Setup or Wireless Settings menu.
- Now touch Wireless Direct, and then turn on the connection.
- Do the same connect to Wi-Fi Direct or HP Wireless Direct on your computer or mobile devices.
- You’ll be asked for a WPA2 password, enter the password.
- Now open a document and photo, click File> Print from your computer or mobile.
The above methods will definitely help you to connect your HP printer to Wi-Fi. But in case of any printing problem, you should update the printer’s driver to the latest version. If your HP printer won’t connect to Wi-Fi after going through the above steps then check for any hardware problem. If there is a hardware problem then try to fix it with the help of printer’s manufacturer.