HP printers are famous all over the world for its quality printing and scanning services. There are some problems that a user face while printing documents like printer offline, paper jam, printer driver error and much more. Here we are discussing some printer troubleshooting tactics through which you can resolve printing problem with your HP officeJet, envy and other printer models.
Latest HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide
Guide 1: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
- Check the cable connection of the printer with the power socket.
- Also check the cabling from your printer to the PC.
- For wireless connection ensure that printer’s wireless option is available and turned on and well established.
- Power cycle the printer by turning it off for 30 seconds and then turn it back on.
Guide 2: Set Your Printer as Default
If you are sending print command to wrong printer then you can never print any document. So it is very important to give command to the right printer. Therefore set your printer as default to send print command to right printer using given steps:
- Go to ‘Control Panel’ and Select ‘Devices and Printer’.
- Now you will get a list of your added printers.
- Right-Click on your HP printer and select “Set as default printer” from the drop-down menu.
- Now you will get a green tick below your printer icon that mean this printer is your default printer.
Your first HP printer troubleshooting guide is completed here, now try to print a page.
Guide 3: Cancel all Print Jobs
When a print job stuck in the print queue, it stops all other print jobs to be print on HP printer. You should clear the print queue to troubleshoot the problem and generate new print request. Follow the given steps to clear the print queue:
- Open ‘Control Panel’ and Select ‘Devices and Printer’.
- Locate your HP printer and right-click on it and select ‘What’s printing’ option.
- In next window click the “Printer” menu item and select “Open as Administrator” in the drop-down menu.
- “Cancel All Documents” from the “Printer” menu item in the top right again.
- Click ‘yes’ to confirm and generate new print request.
Guide 4: Update Faulty and Outdated HP Drivers
- Press Windows + R and Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the dialog box and click on ‘OK’.
- Expand ‘print queues’ category in Windows device manager.
- Right-click on your printer and choose ‘update driver’ from the menu.
- Let the download complete and follow the on-screen instruction to finish the installation.
Guide 5: Troubleshoot HP Printer Spooler Service Error
Print spooler service helps PC to directly communicate with the printer and properly manage the print job in the queue. Whenever a print job stuck in the print queue, it will show a ‘printer spooler error’ message. Resolve this problem using given steps:
- In first step, close all the programs from which you are trying to print.
- Now, press Windows + R and types ‘services.msc’ and click ‘OK’.
- Find ‘Print Spooler’ from the list and right click and select ‘Stop’.
- Now go to ‘Local Disk (C:)’ and open the ‘Windows’ folder.
- Go to ‘System32’ folder> ‘spool’>’Printers’ and delete all print jobs from the folder.
- Go back to ‘Services’ window and right-click on ‘Print Spooler’ and select ‘Start’ option.
- Now check, restarting spooler may have just fixed your HP printer error.
Guide 6: Use HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location.
- Complete the installation and open it.
- Click Start, and then choose your printer.
- If no printer is listed then turn it on and click Retry.
- Follow the instructions in the tool for connection problem.
Another Helpful Article: Fix Printer Offline Problem
We hope that the above listed troubleshooting guide for HP printer problems definitely helped. If you are facing any other specific technical problem with your HP printer then find the related solution at Fixing Errors. We are committed to provide you the right and best solution.