MAC address is an abbreviation of “media access control address” is a unique number assigned to (NIC) network interface controller. MAC address is pre-equipped in most of the HP Printers identify the device attached to a particular network. A device can only access your network which is present on your filter list. Finding HP Printer’s MAC address sometimes more problematic whenever you want to filter MAC addresses on your router.
Ways to Find Mac Address on HP Printers
Simple type ipconfig/all in the command prompt window from your keyboard to find Mac address. But we know that most of the printers are not compatible with the keyboard input feature. That is why we need to use alternate methods to locate HP printer’s Mac address. First, we need to find IP address of HP printer then we are can find Mac address.
Possible Steps to Find HP Printer’s IP Address
- Go to control panel of your device.
- Click on “Hardware and Sound” and then open “devices and printers” section.
- Find your HP printer and right click on it.
- Choose the “Properties” option from pop-up menu.
- Click on Ports tab and then select the standard TCP/IP port entry.
- Now, click on the configure port button. In the coming window you will get the IP address along with the printer’s name.
Possible Steps to Find Mac Address on HP Printer
- Click on Start icon and search for the command prompt.
- Once you find it simply click to open it.
- Type “arp-a”(without quotation marks) in command prompt window and hit enter.
- Scroll down to look for the IP address that you found in the above steps.
- Once you get the IP address, Mac address in listed just next to IP address in “00-1d-7e-e8-d7-27” format.
Final Instructions to Get Mac Address of HP Printer
Fixing Errors offered you the best solution to find HP printer’s Mac address. In case you are stuck somewhere in applying the above steps then you can download HP Support Assistant to manage your wireless devices including printers. Keep visiting us on regular basis to resolve your technical query related to digital electronic devices.